Microsoft Office applications are intuitive. Microsoft Office is an extremely refined productivity suite which is highly popular amongst people across the entire globe. Its word processing software named Word has several text formatting options, pre-installed templates, inbuilt grammar and spell-checker, and a load of other features and functions. With MS PowerPoint, you can create solid presentations even add details, add 3D effects, etc. It is very easy to work with Microsoft Excel. It has customized keyboard layouts and easy to access menus. Microsoft Office consists of many useful applications and services such as Skype, OneDrive, etc.
Each version of Microsoft Office is different from the other. Some of the most notable versions of Microsoft Office are Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 2007.
How to uninstall MS Office setup?
Before you begin the download of MS Office, you need to uninstall any older or trial MS Office version which might still be installed on the device. You must remove and uninstall the following apps:
- Older and trial version of MS Office.
- Compatibility pack for an older MS Office version.
- Any incomplete or corrupt program of Microsoft Office which was not downloaded or installed successfully.
Steps for uninstallation:
- Go to Start. Click on Control Panel.
- Locate and select either Remove Programs or Uninstall a program. This option varies according to the Windows version.
- Find the program you have to uninstall.
- Click twice on the name of the program.
- Follow the prompts and uninstall the program.
How to download MS Office setup?
Downloading Office setup is an easy process. You can download it from the internet. Just make sure that you have a good internet connection. Here is the process to download Office:
- Turn on the computer and click on any web browser.
- Go to office.com/setup and sign in.
- After signing in, locate the MS Office suite from the record of subscriptions and products.
- Following the Office suite, there will be a download link.
- Click on that link.
- Let the installer get downloaded.
How to install MS Office setup?
When the Office setup is downloaded, you need to execute the next process. Install the downloader file downloaded via internet or from a CD. Here are the steps for installing Office:
- Go to the download location of the installer file: C:\Users\Your Username\Downloads. If you had downloaded the setup elsewhere, then go to that folder.
- Click on the folder for the version of Windows Office which you want to install.
- Wait for the folder to open. After that, locate and click on the file names setup.exe.
- In the window for Microsoft Software License Terms, go through the content and tick the box next to “I accept the terms of this agreement. After that, click on the Continue button.
- Now, you will be asked to pick the kind of installation you desire. You can choose a favored type of installation. Two options: Install Now and Customize will be given.
- If an earlier version of MS Office is set up in the PC, then the button will show Upgrade.
- The installation progress bar will show the status of the installation. Let the process get complete.
- When the installation is over, click on the Close button.
How to activate MS Office setup?
When you launch an Office program for the first time, you are prompted to activate it. Here are the steps for Microsoft Office activation:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on All Programs and click on Microsoft Office.
- From the list, click on any Office app to open it.
- Now, an Activate Office prompt will come.
- Click on Enter your product key.
- In the box given, type the 25 characters alpha-numeric product key.
- You will find the activation key in either the product packaging or email.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Tick the circle next to Use recommended settings. It is the first option. Doing so will install all the necessary and suggested updates for MS Office.
- Click on the Accept button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Next button in the Welcome to new Office window.
- Click again on Next in the following prompt.
- You can now choose a background theme and then click on the Next button.
- If you want to connect Microsoft Office with your Microsoft Account, then you can sign in. By doing this, you can access the data online.
- After that, click on All done.
How to reinstall Microsoft Office?
You do not have to fret about losing Office documents if you formatted the hard drive. You can reinstall your Microsoft Office suite and start using the programs again. Follow the steps given here and reinstall Microsoft Office:
- Launch a web browser and go to the MS Office website: www.office.com/setup.
- Now, select the Sign in option.
- If you have a work account, then select the Organizational account.
- Enter your Microsoft account username and passcode.
- Click on Sign in.
- In the next page, go to the gear icon. Click on Office Settings.
- Under Office Settings, click on Get started.
- Now, select PC & Mac.
- Click on Install when prompted.
- The Office installer will begin to download.
- Go to the default download location. Find the setup.exe file and double click on it.
- Hit the Next button when prompted.
- In the Microsoft license agreement window, click Accept.
- Now, you need to log in to your Microsoft account.
- In the first window, type in the email address and click on Next.
- After that, type in your password and click on Sign in.
- Choose the Office background of your choice and proceed to Next.
- Let the process of reinstallation complete.